Apple on Friday launched macOS Ventura 13.3.1 practically two weeks after 13.3–two weeks that had been crammed with person complaints about issues attributable to 13.3. In keeping with the 13.3.1 launch notes, the replace consists of bug fixes and safety updates. The notes particularly handle two fixes, that are:
- Pushing arms emoji doesn’t present pores and skin tone variations
- Auto Unlock your Mac with Apple Watch could not work
It’s unclear if the replace addresses three problems that customers have skilled: Universal Control and Handoff not working, Fast Look not working, and an issue with Home directories saved to an external storage device.
Apple’s security updates website particulars the next safety fixes:
- Influence: An app might be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges. Apple is conscious of a report that this problem could have been actively exploited.
- Description: An out-of-bounds write problem was addressed with improved enter validation.
- CVE-2023-28206: Clément Lecigne of Google’s Risk Evaluation Group and Donncha Ó Cearbhaill of Amnesty Worldwide’s Safety Lab
- Influence: Processing maliciously crafted net content material could result in arbitrary code execution. Apple is conscious of a report that this problem could have been actively exploited.
- Description: A use after free problem was addressed with improved reminiscence administration.
- WebKit Bugzilla: 254797
- CVE-2023-28205: Clément Lecigne of Google’s Risk
- Evaluation Group and Donncha Ó Cearbhaill of Amnesty Worldwide’s Safety Lab
macOS Ventura 13.3.1: set up
- Click on on the Apple menu and choose System Settings.
- Choose Common within the left sidebar.
- Choose Software program Replace in the primary part of the window.
- Your Mac will verify on-line for any out there updates. If the replace is offered, an outline will seem. Click on on the Replace Now button to begin the set up. The replace will obtain to your Mac and the installer will run. The Mac might want to restart to finish the set up.